Hone Harawira says: How come John key pays only 2.8% in tax?
|Hone Harawira, 2006 portrait photo. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
“Before John Key talks about the piddling tax cuts he plans for low and middle income families today he needs to explain why he only pays 2.8% of his income on tax while a minimum wage worker pays 28% tax,” says MANA Movement leader Hone Harawira.
“How is it that workers are paying tax rates ten times higher than the Prime Minister?”
“If we all paid just 2.8% tax the country would collapse, so how does the PM get away with it?”
“Why are the likes of cleaners, fast-food workers, hotel workers, hospital staff and security guards all heavily subsidising the lifestyles of the super-rich?”
- Crowds march for child poverty awareness
- Key on Harre and Harawira
- Harawira denies Internet Party rift
- Internet Mana backs medicinal cannabis use
- Beyer takes Harawira to task over Dotcom
- Bullets fired into Harawira’s office
- Minor party leaders face off tonight
- Dotcom hailed as ‘super hero’ as Internet Mana kick off campaign
- Pacific, Māori housing advocate Harawira condemns ‘tearing apart’ strategy
- Petition on party vote threshold